It’s been a memorable year for Beatson Cancer Charity’s online shop – our first full year in operation. 2020 was a whirlwind, and we wanted to share with you some positive highlights that you helped make a success through the shop.
As you know profits from every purchase go towards providing more care, love and hope to cancer patients and their families through our charity services. You have helped to raise vital funds to support this. Here are some of our 2020 highlights:
- We added a unique range of care packs, wellbeing gifts and vouchers to our shop that have made a huge difference to patients, their families and Beatson staff at a truly difficult time, by bringing a smile to their faces.
- We sold 2730 face masks and buffs to help people stay safe during the pandemic.
- We celebrated the launch of our bespoke Beatson Cancer Charity tartan range thanks to support from Slanj, Glasgow and Jane Hunter of Hunters’ Atelier, Stirling.
- We forged strong links with more local suppliers including Paisley Textiles, Essence of Harris and LT Creations, Glenrothes who designed our beautiful Beatson heart shaped hanging keepsake and supply our popular heart shaped tealight holders made from reclaimed oak whisky barrels.
- We are proud to support local businesses, and this year we created a bespoke sterling silver jewellery range designed and produced by Jan Allan, Bothwell featuring our Beatson heart which signifies all the care, hope and love we strive to provide.
We have been blown away by everyone’s support – from customers to suppliers! 2020 really was the year of community spirit and human kindness. Keeping it local continues to be important to both us and you.
This year we hope to keep bringing you more amazing products and gifts to brighten your days and help you make a difference. We look forward to sharing these with you as we continue our online journey into 2021.
”Delighted to be buying Christmas gifts that mean something to our family but also raise vital funds for the Beatson Cancer Hospital” Margaret Craggs, East Kilbride